New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?


Are You a Christian?
courtesy photobucket.com
 
At one time it was said like Heinz there are 57 varieties of Christians.

That seems like it is far too few professors but perhaps it would be an exaggeration to say there are as many as the grains of sand on the sea shore.

"A cultural Christian is a secular or irreligious individual who still significantly identifies with Christian culture. He may give intellectual assent to basic Christian doctrines and claim to be a Christian. He may be faithful in attending liturgical rites and worship services, and be an active member involved in church affairs. Deists of the 18th and early 19th centuries, such as Napoleon and various Founding Fathers of the United States, similarly considered themselves part of Christian culture, despite their doubts about the divinity of Jesus." Wikipedia

From time to time someone will claim that some of the founding fathers fit into that category. One could wonder about many of the present day politicians. They certainly want to wrap themselves in the robe of Christianity in order to get votes. They may even go to church but GOD is looking at their heart.

The saying; "You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time." Abraham Lincoln

He should have added; "You can't fool GOD at anytime."

The largest group that are being fooled are those who fool themselves. A sad example of these people is found in; Matthew 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will go into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the pleasure of my Father in heaven. A great number will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, were we not prophets in your name, and did we not by your name send out evil spirits, and by your name do works of power? And then will I say to them, I never had knowledge of you: go from me, you workers of evil.
 
Paul in his epistle to the Philippians said; Philippians 2:12-13 My dear friends, you always obeyed what you were taught. Just as you obeyed when I was with you, it is even more important for you to obey now that I am not there. So you must continue to live in a way that gives meaning to your salvation. Do this with fear and respect for God. Yes, it is God who is working in you. He helps you want to do what pleases him, and he gives you the power to do it.

Those who please HIM are those who have experienced a personal faith, with true repentance, and trust in the finished work of Christ.

Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to the cross I cling; Rock of Ages, cleft for me, Let me hide myself in Thee.


This post is shared at: Stacy’s Heartprints Hallelujah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.