New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

DARRELLS WOES Chapter Seven


Dancing courtesy google search
 
When last we spoke I had just finish dancing with a new girl at school who from a distance seemed to have no style at all.

Out of mercy I invited her out on the floor without looking at her directly. I just reached out to her, and she took my hand. At the end of the dance I decided to take a good look at her for I reasoned, “How bad can she be?”

When she raised her face up I realized that she actually had some potential. As I thought on her it just came to me that she was very firm and underneath those baggy clothes she was very shapely. I hadn't thought about this while dancing but now things came into focus.

“Maybe she wasn't as bad as I thought.” I concluded.  We danced to several different rhythms and kinds of dances for she knew them all. In fact we danced until the music stopped and they started to turn the lights out.

I asked her if I could walk her home and she said no, someone was picking her up. I asked her who it was, and she said my dad, as a big car pulled up and she got in and away they went. I looked for her at school the next day but never found her since our school was quite large. Toward the end of the week I saw her again and notice she looked a little different and then I realized it was her clothes, she didn't have the baggy dress on. Her hair was the same and she still wore those black horn rimmed glasses and something I hadn't notice was she had braces but overall she looked different.  Her clothes were form fitting and I could see why she felt so firm as we danced.

Then it was my turn to feel inferior to her.  After I got over those inadequate feelings I asked if we could do something together sometime and she said, “Maybe so.”  For me that was a big step up and I tried to think of something that would be fun.  
 
A couple of days later I asked her to go to the movies, and she said okay.  In the excitement I had forgotten something very important, and that was we would have to ride the bus. Most of the guys my age either had a car or could borrow one. After explaining my predicament she suggested that she meet me at the movie and she would have a ride home. We saw each other often after that mostly doing things like walking or studying in the library but at least we saw a lot of each other.

The senior prom was coming up shortly and I wanted to ask her to go with me. Usually I had no interest in these things but I strongly wanted to go to this one. I started to ask her several times but got cold feet and didn't.  
 
Prom night was getting closer so I finally got enough nerve to ask her if she would go with me and waited for an answer. Finally after some time she said; “I thought you would never ask.” Then she said okay, she had several other offers but waited to see if I would ask.
 
I had much to do. Rent a suit, arrange for a car and driver, prom tickets, corsage and get a haircut among other things. I never noticed but she had let her hair grow out some and her bangs were now pulled to each side.  

 To be Continued

Please use the sign up box at the top of this page to receive the next chapters by e-mail. 


This post is shared at: Stacy’s Friday Heartprints Hallelujah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.