New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

UNTIL THEN

Until now; this is a backwards look at all of the past.

Where do I start? What stands out in my mind? Why was that so important?

Did it give me pain or pleasure?

I am a result of my past and it is responsible for what I am. And yet; I am the author of my past and my reactions to what I faced. What could I have changed something that would have changed who I am?

Who would I be if I hadn’t accepted Christ? Would I still be alive or dead and forgotten? Hmnnn.

Have I made a change in who other people are, or have I had no effect on them at all?

All of this is in the past, and I am who I am but my focus on the larger picture is not who I am, but who I want to be, and what plans am I making to cause that to become a reality.

Beyond the first step I do not know, but what I do know is;

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him."

The first step is to realize the time will come when there will be an end. The end will be, I know not when, but what I do know is; “Until then” I am on my way to becoming who I want to be, and no one can stop that for I am the captain of my ship.

There is a difference between what I want to be and who I want to be.

Hopefully both will have the same goal without conflict, for conflict can cause both aims to fail. If I plan not, my ship will sail without a course, and failure is assured. But with resolve and charting, on that day, the day of the end, I will arrive with satisfaction and then, there will be no more “Until then” for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyyI28GmE1A&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.