New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CHRISTIAN I.D.

Like so many I usually pay for my purchases with a credit card and often I am asked for some kind of I.D.  I realize that this is an extra step for both of us (me and the clerk) but it is for my protection.  Most of the time I use my drivers license because it has everything that matters listed on it.

As I thought about the Christian ID, there was something that came to mind that I heard many years ago and that was; “If you were accused of being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you?”

For some reason whenever this thought or one similar to it crosses my mind it irritates me. Of course I’m guilty. There is plenty of evidence against me. I must suffer the consequences for my belief.

I want to prove it in court and put this to rest once and for all. A trial is set and as the trial progresses it is my time to give evidence. But then what evidence should I talk about? Well first off I said; I went down to an altar and prayed for salvation. And then I went to church often. And I gave money into the offering when the bag was passed. I told others they should be saved. All this should convict me of being a Christian!

Now the court appointed attorney steps up and begins to present what he considers to be a disclaimer to all I said.

First the attorney began; all we have is his word that he was genuinely saved. Anyone could say that and just be lying. As far as him going to church it probably simply fulfilled his social needs. He makes a big deal about giving money to the church. Everyone gives to charity, and this was his way to feel good about himself. And about him telling others they should be saved. People are always telling others how they should live when they themselves don’t live that way.

This really set me back for he turned everything I said around and made it of non effect. If this keeps up I am going to be found innocent and declared to be a Non-Christian in this hall of justice.

I was almost convinced that maybe I am not a Christian and then I recalled who I used to be, one who followed what the Bible calls the flesh.

Galatians 5:18-21 “But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”

I was never guilty of all those things, some of them yes but not ALL. Those things have no part with me any more.

What is manifest in me now is; The fruit of the Spirit “which is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”

I showed this contrast between the old and the new and testified that this is the truth. The judge listened to the entire pro and con and then came back with his verdict. It seems to me that you are falling short on some issues but are close enough to be guilty as charged. Court dismissed. I must say I felt better now but I also realize there is still part of my act that needs to be cleaned up so there will be no question about my Christian-hood.

“And they that are of Christ have crucified the flesh with the passions and the lusts. I have pretty much done all that and intend to work on the rest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.