New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

OH WELL, TIMES

Around our house we have all kinds of times. There are good times, bad times, so-so times and then we have oh well times. Oh well times will help preserve your sanity.

Good and bad times are relative to your expectations. What is good times for one family might be just “the run of the mill for others. The same applies for the bad times. It is hard to enjoy the fact that your bad times can’t get any worse when they are as bad as they can get.

At our house things are pretty good, so good that we mostly have to look for something bad. Although when I do, I’m pretty efficient and can come up with something, when I should just enjoy what I do have.

1 Timothy 6:8-9 As long as we have food and clothes, we should be satisfied. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

That is about the last thing some Christians want to hear, for they want more, but it is pretty good advice anyhow.

Now lest we become indolent we must keep in mind: Proverbs 6:6 Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! I have never heard of an ant being on welfare so they must know something.

There are some other times that I call, “Oh well, times.”

These are the times when I enter the state of futility. These are times when I have seemly done my best to solve my problems and have come to my wits end. Or if I haven’t really tried hard, to my half wits end.

The kids are helpful in bringing you to this state for they are experts in this field.

How is this; I told those kids not to do that and now they have destroyed the garage door, no matter where I hide the keys they find them and start the car, “Oh well.”

I forgot to pay the credit card bill and now they want 22% interest on everything I owe, “Oh well.”

The husband has just spent $35,000 and bought a new truck he didn’t need, and we don’t have enough money to pay for it, “Oh h….”

The list is quite long and a lot of this is of our own making. I find it hard to pray and ask GOD to get me out of these kinds of problems for I’m afraid I’ll just do it again.

What I need is some wisdom, James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Daniel 12:3 tells me the result of it; Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

That wasn’t an ”Oh well” statement it was an AMEN statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.