New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

DISAPPOINTMENTS

Having several disappointments in the last 75 years (I had some before that but was too young to know what they were) I have sought to find a place where there are no disappointments.

A bad place to look for no disappointments is in the work place.

Maybe if there was a list of the things given to you that you were going to be disappointed about when you went to work you could be prepared for it in advance. Would that help or just make you worry that much more?

One thing you shouldn’t do, is look in the mirror and ask yourself am I a disappointment to someone, or a disappointment that is ready to happen?

Five chances out of ten you won’t like the answer you get.

How about in church? Are there some disappointments in church life?

Do any of the brothers or sisters who disappoint you or fall below your expectations for them?

I’m beginning to think that the land of no disappointments is on the other side of this vale of tears. Perhaps only in heaven will we experience that, so until then;

Mahalia Jackson sings so sweetly - - -

My heart can sing when I pause to remember
A heartache here is but a stepping stone
Along a trail that's winding always upward,
This troubled world is not my final home.
But until then my heart will go on singing,
Until then with joy I'll carry on,
Until the day my eyes behold the city,
Until the day God calls me home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyyI28GmE1A
Happy New Year to you all, and return here often for more Musings by Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.