New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

STRIPPING

While I was in the roofing business for 35 years, I often had to go to places I would not ordinary go in order to arrive at a conclusion as to what should be done to this building.

Then I would base my estimate on the corrections needed.

I worked on manufacturing buildings where bones and suet was processed for dog food, where the smell was so overpowering that you could hardly breathe.

Included in our estimates were many high rise apartments. We covered garages, control towers for airports, homes and beer joints.

One day, I received a call for an estimate on a bar and strip joint and while inspecting the building for leaks, up on stage was a skinny, really under endowed girl. I thought she ought to put on some clothes for she was depressive to look at. I suppose if you were drunk enough she might look a little better but those who were sober would do what I did, and that was head for the exit. I received the contract back and did the job. While working on this job, we would see some of the girls as they went inside to do their stuff. But all of them were pretty poor specimens and they were totally uninhibited.

There is a time and a place to strip away your covering but I never liked to do it even in the hospital where it was mandatory.

As Christians I think it might be good to shed some of our covering when we appear before our GOD. The list of things we need to strip off is long and tedious. This is an interesting question; when I come to GOD in prayer, do I try to clean up my act and present my self in a better light. And then after prayer when I figure I’ve taken care of that, do I put my old rags back on, those rags I had to take off before coming to the throne of grace and mercy?

As Paul would say; these things ought not to be brethren. What is good enough for the throne room is also good enough for every day life. This kind of prayer process is a sign of childishness, one who has not grown up and is trying to get away with the things a child could get away with.

A quick test to take is to ask yourself this question; does GOD still answer my prayers like HE used to? If the answer is no then some checking up is in order. Are you still hanging on to childish ways?

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

GOD requires that we grow up into a mature Christian.

Ephesians.4;22 You were taught to change the way you were living. The person you used to be will ruin you through desires that deceive you.

Romans 13:13-14 With right Behaviour as in the day; not in pleasure-making and drinking, not in bad company and unclean Behaviour, not in fighting and envy. On the contrary, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for gratifying your earthly cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.