New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

NO MAS

I have just changed our phone, Internet and TV service because the company we had was not even second rate. For over two years the static on the lines was so bad I could hardly hear the caller. We complained about it and the complaint taker would say; yes I can hear it, sorry for the inconvenience. That was the last I would hear from them. They would ignore my problem, and that seemed to work for them.


For the last seven weeks we have had almost no service. For four weeks there was no dial tone and no Internet and the other three weeks it was off and on. Each time I called they would say; I’m sorry you are having a problem, I’ll put you on our list and in about a week someone will contact you.


Each time the service person came out he would say; “Oh I can’t fix this type of problem, you need another kind of service, I’ll make a report.” Back in line for another week and I got the same response for seven weeks. The problem still isn’t fixed but in few days I’ll have a new service. I won’t mention the name of the old company but the initials are AT&T.

The above was sent to the editor of our newspaper for the opinion page. We are limited to 250 words and so I couldn’t say all I would like to have said.  One thing was I’m embarrassed to think I put up with this terrible service for as long as I did. I guess it was because I wanted to give them every chance to change and get better. Week after week they paid no attention to my problem and when the rains came, all the neglect of maintenance showed up and since they had made no provision for this they were overwhelmed.

I was embarrassed because of my patience and I wondered if GOD ever gets embarrassed because of HIS waiting on people to straighten up and live right. If we have concluded that HIS grace and mercy is license to live unrighteous and ignore HIS instructions in righteous living then the time for HIM to make a change may come.

I paid for service that I wasn’t getting and GOD may have paid for service HE isn’t getting. If that is the case in my case then maybe I should improve in certain areas especially in the area of maintenance.

1John 1:6-10 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; fellowship with GOD requires obedience to HIS word but if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. We all mess up sometime. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Let repentance precede confession. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
I am just guessing but I bet there are some areas in my life where I could improve. Perhaps I should do it before GOD decides to help me get it done.

Chances are HE will say in a bold voice, “NO MAS.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.