New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

JUST TAPPING

Dancing is just a natural expression of joy inside.

Even if you never did any of the different types of dance, almost everyone has tapped their foot when the music is playing.

As a boy I went to square dances that were held in homes, and while some didn't know the steps they would just made up some as they went along.

In 2 Samuel 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might, wearing a priestly garment. The occasion was the return of the ark of GOD from where it had been captured. David was ecstatic but his wife saw him and despised him for there were problems in the home.

Paul said; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.

And in the same way the Christian should sing and dance in the spirit and dance with the understanding, for the dance expresses joy like no other.

It is a happy day when children dance for joy uninhibited by sensual motives.
I also went to the movies as a boy and it was great fun watching some of the dance routines they performed.

Tap dancing was the rage at that time, for solos especially.

Fred Astaire once called this performance "the greatest dance number ever filmed."
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBb9hTyLjfM&feature=related

And another one I liked was Shirley Temple and Bo Jangles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJp6VqDGKe4&feature=related
It is really enjoyable to watch these performers do their “stuff”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.