New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

ME AND MY WORDS

Todays is an extra Post to be shared at "Tell Me a Story."  My continued fictional story will follow soon!

Tipping the Scale
courtesy photobucket.com
On occasion I have to remind myself of my responsibility before GOD as a professing Christian.

As the world (system) turns so people also try to conform to it regardless of the spiritual desecration it results in.  

The Christian is commanded to not conform to these worlds changes if it causes him to compromise his beliefs. Try this on for size;

Mark 8:38  For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

If you have a question about, who this  verse is speaking to, rest assured it is words address to you if you name the name of Christ - - but does it bring joy or fear.

The words; “This adulterous and sinful generation” is validated by all forms of the media every day.  We live in the midst of this evil with no place to go except to the word of Almighty GOD.

This powerful admonition is right out of “The Book”

Romans 12:1-2 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

This becomes an ongoing and daily process!

It amazes me how easy it is to run by the import of these words of Paul’s  

admonition to walk worthy;

Ephesians 4:4 Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,

Well I have reminded myself so on with the day’s tasks.

This post is shared at: Tell Me a Story

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.