New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

WHERE THE HEALING WATERS FLOW (repost)

This true story is entered at Hazel's Tell Me a Story.  My continued story will follow shortly!
 
Vintage Photo at Mineral Springs
courtesy photobucket.com

I had heard of these magic waters. Different people told me about them, and how they could restore your health.  I would talk to those who had experienced the restorative powers of the water, and I wanted some of it, even though I wasn't sick, I didn't want to be left out.

I talked to my mom, and she had heard about those waters, and we found out where they were located. Come to find out they were only about four blocks from us where we lived in North Carolina, and I was ecstatic. I couldn’t believe we were going down and get some healing waters. We got some gallon jugs and set the time to make our pilgrimage to where the magic mineral elixir was waiting for us.

At the appointed time we left our home with our jugs, and began our trek.  As we approached the springs there were many people filling their containers with the precious fluid. At this time I began to worry; I hoped they wouldn't take it all before we got our turn.

It was almost like going to Lourdes, where our lady appeared to Bernadette, and the spring flows with miracle healings.

As we got closer I began to notice an odd smell, and as we got even closer the odor became almost overpowering. I thought that maybe in order to have the healing power it had to smell like that. We quickly filled our jugs and poured a cup for us to drink while we were there. Now, even at my young age of five, I had tasted medicine that had a foul flavor, but I had never tasted anything as horrible as that miracle water.

It was right then and there, that I decided that if my life depended upon that stuff, then I was a goner, for I simply would not drink it anymore, under any circumstances.  On the way home I can't say that I was disappointed, for I was in a state of shock, and it was some time into the next day before I returned to a somewhat normal condition.  It didn't help to have two jugs of it in the kitchen, where once in awhile my mom would brave down a glass of it.  

Needlessly to say that was my first and last trip to the miracle waters.

ORAL ROBERTS would sing this song in his revival meetings

Oh, the joy of sins forgiven, Oh, the bliss the blood-washed know,
Oh, the peace akin to Heav’n, Where the healing waters flow.
Refrain after each verse


Where the healing waters flow, Where the joys celestial glow,
Oh, there’s peace and rest and love, Where the healing waters flow!
Refrain

 
Now with Jesus crucified, At His feet I’m resting low;
Let me evermore abide Where the healing waters flow.
Refrain

 
O, this precious, perfect love! How it keeps the heart aglow,
Streaming from the fount above, Where the healing waters flow.
Refrain


Oh, to lean on Jesus’ breast, While the tempests come and go!
Here is blessed peace and rest, Where the healing waters flow. 

Refrain


Cleansed from every sin and stain, Whiter than the driven snow,
Now I sing my sweet refrain, Where the healing waters flow. 

Refrain            
 
This post is shared at: Tell Me a Story

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.