New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

OH LAWD chapter12


Abdul the Great Lover
courtesy photobucket.com
 
I hadn't talked to you about Abdul (Doo-ly) before, but he like Noonan and Paddy influenced me a great deal while I was trying to figure out what life was all about.

Both Noonan and Doo-ly had been sailors while Paddy was a landlubber.

Doo-ly had come to us from New Orleans which really wasn't that far from us. He had a mustache that he waxed and wore clothes that set him apart from the rest of the pier rats as he called the local fishermen.

His balding head was always covered with a strange wrapping and his dark eyes seemed to penetrate you if you stared at him. He claimed to be a direct descendant from some guy named, "Suleiman the Magnificent" who was some biggie in the Ottoman Empire.

It was hard for me to see the significance of all that ancestral line stuff for I hardly knew who my grandparents were.

Anyway Doo-ly tried to hold on to his past by his attire.  He carried a strange dagger which was curved and it looked fierce by itself much less than when he would flash it back and forth like he was fighting someone.

Abdul called me Ebher some of the time, and I finally asked what that meant or why he called me that.  He said Ebher in my language means bright or smart boy.  When he told me that, I felt an impulse of pride go through me.

Abdul came to America as a young man and landed in New Orleans where he stayed until he came to Gulfport. I asked him several times why he left and came here but he didn't want to speak of it.

After about five years of my continual hounding, he finally told me why, after swearing me to secrecy.  He said by nature I am a great lover. This caused me to get into trouble with many of the ladies’ boyfriends.

He said they couldn't understand that for their girlfriends to experience the great Abdul was the greatest honor that could have ever been heaped upon them.
        
For all those years I gracefully honored the ladies until one night a large group of men (who couldn't understand the honor the ladies received) chased me with the aim to do me great bodily harm.  I had no choice but to flee for my life from my beloved New Orleans.

I said, “But Abdul, you never go out with any women around here.”   

He said, “That is true, and I'll explain it. You see when I came here after my unpleasant experience in New Orleans I decided to never honor any of the Gulfport women, and their boyfriends would never have the knowledge of knowing their girlfriend was worthy of my attention.

I thought it is a shame that Abdul wasn't going to bestow his blessing upon the ladies of Gulfport.

It was a year later that I felt the need of knowing just how he blessed the ladies.

Abdul inquired as to how old I was, and when I told him he said that I was still too young for such knowledge, but since I was "Ebher" (a bright boy) then perhaps he would share part of his eastern wisdom.

For the next hour we sat at the end of the pier, and he laid everything out in simple terms.

I don't know if I couldn't or wouldn't accept what he told me at that time. 

However as the days passed I began to see myself as being a desirable young man, and I knew it was only a matter of time before I would have my first lady friend.

Oh Lawd!

To be Continued     

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.