New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

OH LAWD chapter 2


One of the three Cooks
courtesy photobucket.com
 
The first few days are strange when you move to a new area. Many times the people are just a little different and such was the case in Gulfport.

Each day Marly and I were given some chores to do, but then after we finished we would walk around town getting acquainted with the local people.

As people got used to seeing us, they became friendlier. When people would come to the restaurant or the pier and greet us, our parents would want to know how we knew them.

Ma hired a gal to help take care of the house for she was busy at the restaurant.

There were three cooks plus Ma that did the cooking and the one I liked the most was a man named Noonan.

Every day he would tell a new story about his adventures. It wasn't long before I realized he was lying about his mighty exploits, but I was enthralled by them and couldn't get enough.

He tells of the time he was shipwrecked and he was the only survivor. As the ship went down in the storm he managed to get in the only life boat that wasn't damaged by the waves. He floated for days and was almost gone when he came to an island.

He would stop there and start to do something else knowing we would start begging him to go on.  He seemed to enjoy teasing us like that but then he would continue.

“With what little strength I had left I managed to crawl to a fresh water pool and get some water to drink. This refreshed me enough to break open a coconut and eat the insides. After a couple of days I had returned to normal.”

He told us that he began to explore the island and came upon a tribe of natives who immediately captured him and tied him to a tree.

After being tied to the tree for a few hours there were some native women who came over to him and stripped him of his clothing.

About this time Noonan would get a smirk on his face for he knew we were all ears wanting to know what happened next after he was stripped naked.  

He continued, some of the old women whacked him with some palm branches which hurt, but he wouldn't grimace for he didn't want them to think he was a weakling.

Several of the young women just stood and looked at him. A couple of them came up and poked him in the ribs and pulled at his beard he had grown during the voyage.

He let out a yelp and growled like a dog which scared them away and they didn't do that again.

After some time one of the girls brought him some water which he drank for he was thirsty from the heat.

He said, “Then something happened that I shouldn't tell you about...” to which we said, “You tell us right now for that isn't fair to leave something out.” He said, “Okay but remember, I warned you.”

Our hearts started beating at a fast rate, and our mouths were dry, then he said, “Now you know I had been tied up for several hours so when I drank that water it was more than I could retain.  I just couldn’t help it but I had to pee right there in front of the girl who gave me the water. I was so embarrassed, but I was beside myself with pain.

She just stared at me and looked at me and after I had finished, then she came closer - - and now I have to get back to work.”

We begged him to tell us what she did, but he wouldn't relent and said, “Maybe we can pick it up from there some other time, but for now I must get back to work.”

We hated him for that, but agreed for we didn't want to miss the rest of the story.

Oh Lawd!

To be Continued

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.