New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS EXTENSION

Many people are breathing easier since the congress has agreed to extend the payments for not working to two and one half million people. The cost is only thirty four billion dollars.

This will be paid for by adding to the deficit. Everyone agrees that these people need this money for their families. During my forty five working years I received some money from the employment department, actually I received a total of eighteen dollars, so I know first hand how it helped me and my wife and three kids. Since we couldn’t live on the eighteen dollars, I did any job I could find, but that disqualified me from getting any more unemployment.

According to some sources there are five million people not working, but probably some would work if the right job came along. This extension of payments by another name could be called Unemployment Welfare and should be made a permanent feature of our government.

The president could solve this unemployment problem by executive order and give these five million unemployed persons government jobs. All this money going into the economy would solve the stagnation in the national financial situation. Think about it! No unemployed people in the richest country of the world. Presto Chango!

Just add the cost to the deficit which no one believes will ever be paid off anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.