New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

CHANGE

The American people spoke a year and a half ago, and elected a new president of the U.S.A. One of the planks in his platform was change.

As promised he has instituted multiple changes in the way Americans are now to live. I have felt some resistance to what has happened because change must be a gradual process rather than a carte blanche decision by one person to decree “This is the way, you must walk in it.”

I still remember being at home during childhood, and my mother (most often) would order my daily way. I looked forward to the day when I would be free to make my own decisions.

Today I feel much of my ability to make decisions is being regulated by new laws, not of my making.

I feel this process is somewhat like a doctor, attending a woman who is six months pregnant. He decides that she has been pregnant long enough and decides to induce labor. Whether the preemie lives or not is not relevant, what is important is his decision that change in her condition must happen now.

In the background of leadership is the safety valve of non-responsibility which they invoke when things don’t pan out. This is better known as “It’s not my fault.” While it’s still early I wouldn’t be surprised to know that the outline for that speech has already been framed.

Not to be too dogmatic I suppose that some change is good, but only if JESUS does the changing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSjl1LPhiTY

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.