New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

MEOW MEOW

My favorite Italian restaurant, sat on a high hill overlooking the Carquinez Strait, with the bridge, and all the boats below. It was a pleasant view while eating. Their food was delicious, and the menu had everything I liked including their home made Ravioli.

I would have eaten there every day except for the lengthy drive. After dining there for awhile, slowly but surely I noticed that I began scratching the sofas arm, I would catch myself doing that. And as time went on I began singing the meow mix song, over and over, and it got worse as time went on. I learned the song by heart, and would sing the complete song, and then start over.

I was too embarrassed to go to a psychiatrist, I thought it would soon stop and be forgotten.

About this time something strange was happening at the restaurant. The garbage man began to notice that the garbage from the restaurant had many cat food cans in each pickup. In fact enough to feed a hundred cats. He finally got so suspicious that he decided to call the health department, to find out what was going on.

Come to discover they were using cat food in their pasta dishes, and the Health Department quickly closed them down for good.

After a year or two a new owner opened the restaurant, but it didn’t do very good, probably because of the old reputation.

I’m happy to report that after the restaurant closed, I began returning to normal. I hard ever sing meow, meow any more.


This story is shared at “Tell Me a True Story.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.