New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

On “Growing Old”

Getting old is like watching grass grow even if you watch it intently you can't observe that anything is happening. It is only when you allow time to pass and then look that you can tell that something has surely happened. As with grass you must try to maintain it to keep in a reasonable state but outside influences have indeterminable effects. There are two things that are sources of information on the subject which are; the mirror and old pictures. I sometime question the accuracy of the mirror in reflecting the proper image. Surely it is making a mistake, perhaps a morphing of my image or a light refraction has occurred. While this would be a phenomenon, still stranger things have happened. But when I look at the younger pictures - - I reluctantly, though stubbornly must admit that age is creeping up on me. There is a time when all grass must be replaced and this is the part that is difficult no matter how much I weed and fertilize I conclude that the time is coming when old grass must go and new seed is being planted, a new lawn will appear and the old will at best, only be a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.