New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Dual Citizenship

Today it is not the usual or" norm", but it is possible for a person to have dual citizenship.

Having been born in Tennessee and lived in California most of my life, it seems like I have had a dual citizenship. This is so, because of the distance between the two states, as well as the difference in the people, especially in the thirties.

In my early formative years, it took some getting used to; as I experienced people from Italy, Portugal, Mexico and other countries. Most spoke their native language when conversing with each another, but I didn't have a clue as to what was being said. I used to enjoy listening to the women talking while they shopped. They all seem to speak rather fast, and all at the same time, and nobody truly listened. Being from the South the conversations went very slowly, and your visits were longer if you wanted the latest news.

Jesus spoke of a new and different kind of citizenship during his ministry on earth. He said, “Seek first the kingdom of GOD and all the other things will be added unto you.”

Further study reveals that this also included citizenship in heaven.

Immigrants who came through Ellis Island were registered, but full citizenship only came after meeting all requirements. So also, citizenship in heaven also has its requirements.

Jesus preached “Repent for the kingdom of GOD is at hand and believe the gospel!” The focal point of the gospel was, “You must be born again.” This new birth is the necessary requirement for our spiritual citizenship in heaven.

Since I have been born-again, I take great comfort in the knowledge that I am a son in the kingdom of GOD. I have been registered in the book of heaven. I have been sealed by the Holy Spirit as GOD’S child for the present, and for all eternity. I will endeavor to keep my citizenship in the USA, as well as in God’s realm; and He will keep me as a son of His Eternal kingdom.

What I treasure above all else, is that my name is written in the Lamb’s book of Life and will remain there for all eternity.

Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defiles, neither who ever works abomination, or makes a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.