New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blabber Mouith Disease

Since my childhood I have been with an affliction called blabber mouth disease.

While it could be fatal if not treated, there is no cure for it. The symptoms are speaking at length, when you don't have anything to say.

This speech is also known as; drivel, smart-mouth, idiotism, uncommon-insensible, insignificant-ness, inarticulate-ting and many other titles all of which will add nothing to your day except to irritate you.

Those who are afflicted thusly have no sense of social propriety. They feel they must say something on every subject, even though they know nothing about the said subject being discussed
As a child I was given the, “Will you please shut up and go out in the yard and play,” treatment.

This was pretty effective because while I was alone, I couldn’t think of anything to say, that I was interested in. As I grew up I learned other break away techniques, such as; Excuse me I see a friend that I must say hello to,” or, “I just remembered I must make a phone call.” I have heard them all, and know they don’t want to listen to me any longer, and are gracefully trying to escape me.

Just to be mean, some times I follow them to where they are going. Once I walked into the women’s restroom with a woman. I guess I was on a roll and just got carried away until I was invited to leave. I waited outside for about thirty minutes but she wouldn’t come out.

Two such people can talk for a short time but they soon become bored with playing the one-up-man-ship game. That’s where you have to top what the other person is saying.

How to treat this problem is done on an individual basis, because each subject’s personality is different. They thrive upon using people’s social graces and politeness to carry on their meaningless conversation. The best and most effective way to free yourself from this circumstance is to be blunt. You can say things like, “Get lost,” or, “Beat it stupid because you don't know what you are talking about so shut up.”

Now this may seem cruel but not to worry, they have a resiliency system that is fantastic, and after two minutes they are back on the job again.

If you think about it, you probably have experienced the people I have just described.

You have met at least one for you have been reading this blog, and I have no clue as to what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.