New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Friends I Have

I have many friends! However, the number one friend I have, is my Wifey. She has been my good friend for over sixty years (I would have said that even if she wasn’t, but she is).

My family has been a good source for my friends. My kids are my friends, at least on my part they are. I could have been a worst father than I was (that sounds better than saying; I could have been a better father than I was).

Some neighbors are my friends; none are my enemies so far.

Moving on to another group; my dogs are friends of mine. They hang out with me as much as they can. It’s only when they have some dog stuff to do that they don't. It usually is something like barking at other dogs in a pickup truck as it goes by; or digging holes in the dirt.

My next group might not be considered friends to some, but to me they are and I would hate not have them as friends. They include; my house, my car and pickup truck, my stove, refrigerator, computer, television and my bed. My bed is especially important because I spend a lot of time in it. It gently caresses my whole body all night. In concert with my goose down comforter, and electric blanket, these have to be high on my friends list. All of these things are created to make my life more comfortable and my association with them is very pleasant.

The Bible says; if a man wants to have friends he must be friendly, and it also says, there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Jesus is that friend. He is my friend and I do hope that He is yours also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.