New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

DRIVE A STAKE IN THE GROUND


Driving a Stake !!
image courtesy photobucket.com

Driving a stake in the ground is a reference marker where time and distance is measured.

Furthermore it is a metaphor for taking a definite stand on some issue; perhaps on an ethical matter, or a stated intention to do something.

Bad memories; I got some!

Memories are like poor relatives or the itch it’s something that is hard to get rid of.  At times bad memories are easier to remember than the good ones.

They come uninvited, and stay too long. When ever they appear my stomach feels like it is tied up in a knot and on its way comes high blood pressure and with it stress.

Joseph was a young man who had family troubles. He was treated very badly and sold to slave traders who took him to Egypt away from the land of promise.

After a series of bad memory moments it is recorded in; Genesis 41:51 Joseph called the name of his first-born Manasseh, saying, For God has made me forget all my toil and all my father's house.

With the help of GOD he drove a stake in the ground and now treated the pain of the past as having no effect on him.

Bad memories hurt the one who is remembering them while the cause of them escapes unscathed.

Once an episode is over make a decision to do as Paul did;

Philippians 3:12-13 I don't mean that I am exactly what God wants me to be. I have not yet reached that goal. But I continue trying to reach for it and make it mine. That's what Christ Jesus wants me to do. It is the reason he made me his. Brothers and sisters, I know that I still have a long way to go. But there is one thing I do: I forget what is in the past and try as hard as I can to reach the goal before me.

Paul had more to forget than any of us will ever have to.

People will take advantage of you, friends may let you down; but - - Proverbs 18:24 A man with many friends can still be ruined, but a true friend sticks closer than a brother.

As Christians we have that friend who seeks to encourage us in time of need and who would tell us to "Drive the stake and do not let the past rule over you."

Along with this forgive yourself, can you do that? Are you willing to forgive yourself even as GOD has forgiven you?

You can't be free from the past until you are willing to no longer condemn yourself for failing.

Drive your stake and be free.

Check out the link below, it will do you good!
Http://www.ccesonline.com/dev/closerthanabrother.htm


This post is Linked with Michelle’s Thought Provoking Thursday
Also linked to Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays

1 comment:

  1. Driving a stake in the ground as a reference to American Indians in battle drive a stake in the ground and and tie a rope to the steak and their legs so they could not run away either win or die

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.