New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

DIRTY FEET


image courtesy photobucket.com

I was visiting at a country church and having a good time worshipping GOD and since I was a guest, as I watched the people enjoying themselves my attention was drawn to one man who appeared to be a local.

He wore a suit without a tie and the thing that made him stand out was - - he had no sox’s on.  I then couldn't help but stare at his feet. His feet were black with dirt. I hadn't seen feet that dirty since I left the farm in my youth. In any case he was there and I was glad he came to worship.



Jesus Washes Peters Feet
image courtesy photobucket
  Jesus gave some instructions about what to do when you have dirty feet. In Biblical times they had community baths so I have been told, and on the way home the sandaled feet would pick up dust, dung and other unmentionables.

Upon arriving home their habit was to wash their feet and thereby be clean. Now many sermons have been preached upon this subject but it is still a good word for us today.

John 13:10 Jesus said, “After a person has a bath, his whole body is clean. He needs only to wash his feet. And you are clean, but not all of you.”

Traveling through this world today it doesn't matter how careful you walk you are going to get your feet dirty by things you hear, see and do. There is much filth on our pathway and it cannot be avoided.

It is up to the believer to walk cautiously, and with awareness;

Ephesians 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Even though we follow these instructions some of the garbage of the world will adhere to our feet and need to be cleansed.

The Apostle John speaks of the sin problem Christians must deal with;

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Lord Wash My Feet too!
image courtesy Christian Art

I must admit that it is somewhat humbling for me to admit my feet have gotten dirty as I travel thorough this veil of tears but even as Jesus washed the feet of his disciples Jesus is still is in the foot washing business. Our daily prayer should be

“Lord I need my feet to be washed.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rY8bMkUipM

This post is Linked with
Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays
Also linked to Deidra’s Sunday Jump Tandem

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.