New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

AND LEAVE IT THERE ??


image courtesy photobucket.com

Early in my Christian life I learned to love an old hymn, "Take your burden to the LORD and leave it there."

Along with verses of scripture (by the dozens) I have formulated a certain comfort zone, but there are times when outside pressures are difficult to withstand and are almost overpowering.

I find myself leaning toward the psalmist in Psalm 40:17 "Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay."

Instead of leaving it there I pick it back up and take with me.

Then I remember Psalms 55:22 Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Then when the wolf is at the door and there are troubles ahead I console myself with Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Trials bring with them stuff that can really bother me and I try to numb out and embrace unreality and call it faith. This kind of faith wavers when trying to embrace the promises of GOD.

There three basic problems the Christian has to deal with; The World, The Flesh and The Devil. We have been given the answers to all these issues.

The World: John16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

The Devil; James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

This leaves only the Flesh. Romans 8:5-7 People who live following their sinful selves think only about what they want. But those who live following the Spirit are thinking about what the Spirit wants them to do.

If your thinking is controlled by your sinful self, there is spiritual death. But if your thinking is controlled by the Spirit, there is life and peace. Why is this true? Because anyone whose thinking is controlled by their sinful self is against God. They refuse to obey God's law. And really they are not able to obey it.

The most famous Pogo quotation is "We have met the enemy and he is us"! This quotation along with Paul's teachings tells us succinctly wherein lies most of our problems. Lord I need help, in the now (the ever present).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRUNNAo0l3o&feature=related

This post is Linked with Laura’s Faith Filled Friday
And with Stacy’s Heart prints of God, Hallelujah Link Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.