New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

MY MEASURE OF FAITH




Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man "the measure of faith."

I recently heard it said, "I don't have faith in my faith." This is both sad and disconcerting. It takes us back to the time to where a man realized that his faith needed help for his need was great.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mar 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

The fact is most of us suffer from the unbelieving, believer syndrome at one time or the other.

You would think of all people that Thomas would have been a solid believer in the teaching of Jesus about his death and resurrection and yet he declared his lack of faith;  John 20:25 So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But Thomas said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

If we understand our position in Christ we are believers, but the act of believing concerning certain issues we face is another question.

Should someone ask me "Are you always a believing believer?" I would be tempted to lie, and say of course; but inwardly I would think "Most of the time."  Having said that I would go through the motions a believer goes through when facing overwhelming odds, and stressing out my believing faith.

Everything pertaining to Christianity is an issue of faith. Victories are won or lost depending on our faith. Strong faith, strong results, weak faith weak results and how we view the problem usually triumphs.

2 Thessalonians 1:3-4 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith grows exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other abounds; So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure.


Here Paul adds another dimension to believing, and that is patience and endurance and increasing faith while experiencing both persecutions and tribulations.

The Christian life is paradoxical we are admonished to let our yea be yea and our nay be nay which defines us being stable and trustworthy. Yet life and prayer consists of yes and no and when misunderstood can lead us the doubt and unbelief and not having faith in our faith.

This post has been linked with
Joan Davis Sharing His Beauty
Also Linked with Michelle’s Hear it on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.