New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

THE MISSING LINK

The words; “Do you take this woman for your lawful wedded wife”?

(Even though I was numbed out,) I remember being asked those words when I made a lifetime commitment to my wife. Several factors went in to this decision to marry, not the least of them was, “I loved her and still do”.

Since I was a Christian, GOD was part of the equation, I had prayed about getting married to Hazel in fact we prayed together about it (this is hard to do when you have already made up your mind,) for we didn’t want to make a mistake that we would have to either correct or endure.

Money wasn’t an issue for if I had waited until I could have afforded to marry, I would have been too old to enjoy it.

Call it luck, being smart, choosing well or whatever, we gave some serious consideration to the things we could control. Talk about stress, it felt like the accelerator was stuck and couldn’t slow down.

We set a date, but for some reason it kept moving up, instead of waiting years it became months. Finally there I stood and heard those words; do you…. And I blurted a quick yes, I do.

And then waited…… and waited for what seemed like a very long time until she gave her answer (it wasn’t a marriage until my chosen said,) I do. When I heard those words … I went numb again until I was invited to kiss my wife. In a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, I went from being a single man to being a husband that has been happily ever after.

I suppose she had to learn to love me for the long haul for even after all her effort to smooth me out I still have some rough edges.

Not everyone has had as easy time of it, as we have had.

Some have endured really hard times, making mistakes that wouldn’t happen if it was to do over, and just circumstances beyond your control such as sicknesses, accidents and deaths, but so many have been able to do well with a second start.

Second starts are the opportunity to pick up and go on as if it was the first time.

GOD ordained marriage so it must be good.  How good depends upon those who participate in it. Every marriage could be improved upon, especially in the early years when adjustments are being made.

The missing link in too many marriages is leaving out GOD who is available for the asking.

There are many substitutes for marriage of which I don’t approve, only because I have experienced the fullness of what marriage is all about and there is no viable substitute for it.

Be honest, be kind and say often; I love you from the heart.
http://www.vidilife.com/video_play_1121703_Van_Morrison_Have_I_told_you_lately_that_I_love_yo.htm

Lyrics
Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do

Oh the morning sun in all its glory
Greets the day with hope and comfort too
And you fill my life with laughter
You can make it better
Ease my troubles that's what you do

There's a love that's divine
And it's yours and it's mine
Like the sun at the end of the day
We should give thanks and pray to the One

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do

There's a love that's divine
And it's yours and it's mine
And it shines like the sun
At the end of the day we will give thanks
And pray to the One

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do

Take away my sadness
Fill my life with gladness
Ease my troubles that's what you do

Fill my life with gladness
Take away my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.