New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

JOHN AND I Part 2

My last visit with John was challenging to say the least, especially the discussion about the book he wrote. I couldn’t believe we discussed the first few lines for over two hours. Soon after this meeting, I decided I must return and visit him another time and here I am at his front door again.

A young woman answered my knock and invited me in since she recognized me from my last visit. Shortly John came and greeted me and I was surprised that he embraced me and kissed me on the cheek. After exchanging niceties, I asked if we could discuss his book further, to which he agreed.

We started at; “In Him was life,” and went from there. John said; Jesus was not only the author and finisher of the Christian faith but by believing and accepting him as Savior something strange and marvelous would occur.

This got my attention quickly and I wanted him to continue. He said; it was through Jesus that I could receive eternal life, and all of the mystery of my existence would be unveiled, the darkness within would be expelled, and light would flood my being.

I was in awe of such a concept, and determined to find out more about that at a later time, but for now something else had my attention.

John had written “There was a man named John sent from GOD.” My first question was “Is that man you?” His answer was no, this was another John. This John was a cousin of Jesus, and he lived in the desert and was called by GOD to come and preach righteousness and repentance to the sinners and baptize them for forgiveness of sins.

While he ministered one day, Jesus came to be baptized by him. GOD had revealed to John that there was one who would come and would be the savior of the world, but it was only when Jesus came and was baptized that John truly understood who the savior was. As Jesus came up out of the water the HOLY SPIRIT came upon HIM and GOD spoke with a voice from heaven, “This is my beloved son, hear ye him.”

The next day John saw Jesus and loudly declared, “Behold the lamb of GOD which takes away the sin of the world.” The Jews understood about the lamb and the sin offering, but didn’t put together the fact that Jesus was literally going to be slain as a lamb for all sin.

Even though John was filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, he was amazed at what had happened and later after thinking about it for some time; he sent to Jesus and asked: did what I think happen really happen? Jesus assured him that he was truly the Son of GOD, the Savior. John declared that his ministry would decrease while Jesus’ would increase, which was fulfilled a short time later when he, John the Baptist was beheaded.

Though I was excited, my time was up and I had to go but I set a time when I would be coming back for I had to learn more about this story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7UgzFG4v4&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.