New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

ALL IN THE FAMILY

In the mid thirties to the forties I often entered into radio-land where I would spend time listened to my favorite programs. After school I would gather up my brother, and run home just in time to hear “Jack Armstrong the all American boy.” Then until four thirty I enjoyed the fantasy world via the radio.

When my dad came home he would listen to the news programs until about six o’clock, and I would wait until seven when the popular stars; Jack Benny, Red Skeleton along with others would make me laugh and the mystery programs would cause me to pull the covers over my head.

I knew the weekly schedule of all the shows and which were the best nights.

While sitting one evening I heard King Edward III speak. He said he was abdicating the throne and would marry twice divorced Bessie Wallis Warfield.

For about six years they had been having an affair, at the same time she was also having an affair with another man which Edward found out about after he abdicated.

They were married and quickly ran through his fortune. His brother George V1 became king and his daughter Elizabeth in 1952 became queen. When Edward said he was quitting his job as king so I can marry the woman I love, I didn’t understand what a big deal that was; nevertheless it has remained in my memory since 1936.

It seems Prince Charles did a similar thing with a married woman while married to Princess Diana.

When love (AKA lust) kicks in all sanity goes out the window whether king or peasant, the affair of the heart is a mighty force to be reckoned with.

A neighbor woman about age 60 was telling me about her husband who was divorcing her for his secretary. I asked her if the woman was much younger than her, and she said, no she is quite a bit older. I thought that is a twist on a getting dumped story. Usually the new woman is years younger than the wife.

Secret affairs cause people to do strange things. David, the king of Israel had an illicit affair with Bathsheba and when she was found to be pregnant, he had her husband murdered. Uriah was a loyal and honorable man, but he was killed for his wife.

The whole series of events boggles my mind that GOD would have the genealogical line of Jesus to come through David and Bathsheba.

All I can say is “Go figure”. Perhaps exercising control over those things that have a strong attraction to us might help.

Jeremiah 17:9 the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked who can know it?

After his affair was made known, David thought it was time to repent and ask for forgiveness from GOD.

This only happened after Nathan the prophet exposed David and told him how dastardly his deed was.

David prayed to the Lord saying, “Create in me a clean heart.”

If he had prayed this way prior to the Bathsheba incident it may never have happened.

Where women and men are gathered, temptation shows up. It often is another case of how Satan has taken desire and perverted it from joining A man and a woman in a lifelong relationship to a series of illicit affairs which is only a lust reliever.

He who finds a wife finds a good thing; he who has an affair is disgusting in GODS sight.

It takes two to tango, and it is time to get the tango-ing out of the church.
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv47YD7g-0o

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.