New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

GLEANINGS I

In grade school I always feared the day when report cards were sent out because I knew it wasn’t going to be good. Some of my class-mates (mostly girls) were distraught if the got an A- or an unthinkable B+.

I hoped against hope I would somehow get a C and my most serious praying was spent on rebuking the Fs. At that age I began to realize there were some differences in the ability of kids. And it became more evident the same applies to adults.

This seems to be the case in the spiritual world also; some are able to excel beyond others. This happens even when we all have drunk from the same fountain.

John 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

Well I bet you are on your way to heaven, how are you doing? I like many kids used “The wall” to keep a record of my growth, and I could fudge a little by standing on my toes.  No matter how I cheated I was still the same size. I was what I was.

At times I wish I could check my spiritual growth, maybe check the web site in heaven that kept all the records and take a peek at my progress report or lack thereof.

Since I don’t have the password I can’t do that so I must use another method to ascertain my state.

The two measurements used by theology is Standing and State or as some use Position and Condition. Our Standing or Position before GOD is secured by Christ’s death, burial and resurrection and our believing in HIM. Our State or Condition is a result of obedience to GOD’S words, and being led by the HOLY SPIRIT in paths of righteousness.

Often I think my position is in great shape for that is accomplished by Christ’s work, but, there is that awful but. But my condition could use a lot of work.

We are warned about using unsound methods of evaluation as to our soul’s condition. (Two different translations of the same verse)

Oh, don't worry; we wouldn't dare say that we are as wonderful as these other men who tell you how important they are! But they are only comparing themselves with each other, using themselves as the standard of measurement. How ignorant!

We wouldn't put ourselves in the same class with, or compare ourselves to those who are bold enough to make their own recommendations. Certainly, when they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves to themselves, they show how foolish they are.

You can’t risk measuring yourself by others. They may be much more spiritual than you and you will become discouraged. Or measure by those who are careless; that may lead you to think you are far superior to them.

The only safe way to be sure your condition is excelling is to be led by your “Holy Spirit filled spirit” for it will always lead you in paths of righteousness.

The Spirit will quicken you as to what path you must to take. This takes your spiritual life to a higher level. The HOLY SPIRIT is waiting to lead you into this truth.

Can you be so bold as to view yourself as the dwelling place of the HOLY SPIRIT? While this is GOD’S truth, let it become your on going, reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBp5ggh3w2Q&feature=related
(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.