New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I REMEMBER

As I get older, I do a check up and see what I can remember. Of course if I can't remember something how do I know if I have forgot it? In any case I give myself a chance to see what comes up.

Yes, I can remember - - -

When hot dogs were made with real beef.

When cars got 10 miles to a gallon but could burn the tires off without moving.

When Pepsi-cola was 5 cents for 12 ounces.

When during WW2 shoe soles were made of paper and would last through one rain and it took 3 months to get shoes half soled.

When women washed clothes on a rub board, and still got them clean.

When we saved our new overalls for Sunday.

When I tried to court but didn't know how to do it, of course my girl didn't know how to either, so it didn't make any difference, so we just quit trying and got married.

When we figured out what caused kids and put a stop to it.

When you got rid of a dog that wouldn't hunt.

When anyone who got an eighth grade education was looked up to.

When I had some great grand relatives.

When you were unlucky if your folks were divorced because it was rare.

When your marriage license cost $2.00 with no blood test needed.

When I thought I was smarter than my folks.

When spooky movies would make me sweat.

All this remembering tires me out so I will close with - - -

You must remember this, a kiss is still a kiss, A sigh is just a sigh; The fundamental things apply, As time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.