New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

FACING REALITY


image courtesy photobucket

Having to face reality of everyday life is something we all have to stand in front of.

In most cases the things are small and we can just sluff it off and go on. Many of these annoyances are just the cost of living, but nevertheless they are the source of stress in our lives.

Like the little foxes that spoil the vines these small irritants take their toll.

The more serious effect of these small annoyances is they set you up for just "Losing it" when they build up and then a seemingly small thing comes up. They can take you to the edge where very little can set you off.

After such an episode you may not be able to explain just how such a nothing event set you off. Like the proverbial “Straw that broke the camel’s back.”

Then there are the major misfortunes that within a few moments devastate you and turn your entire world upside down. Among some of the more prevalent things are a financial reversal, an unfaithful mate, the sudden death of a loved one and being disappointed in yourself for not living up to your expectations.

There is little defense against any of these things for they seem to come out of nowhere. The feeling of depression is what follows the events as described above and hope seems lost. The effects of lost self esteem results in depressed attitudes if you have a strong value system. People with a low value system are not affected by distress because they do not care about anything or anybody and have very little concern about themselves.

Where we place our values has a lot to do with how or if we are able to recover from such episodes. The emphasis we place upon our Christian experience and relationship with our Savior can either strengthen or weaken our restoration to what we desire to be our normality.

The most popular recovery method today is drugs and therapy but when it comes right down to it I believe one of the best treatments is found in the Bible.

You need to go no farther than the 23rd Psalm. The emphasis on the words; "He restoreth my soul" is the greatest move toward recovery, the key being to let Him restore your soul. Nothing can change the past and so often problems will continue to persist but a daily reading of this Psalm can mitigate the on going effects.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

Every Christian should view the site below don't miss it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBHU-p4gr8&feature=related

Linked with Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays

Check out Hazel's new Tuesday Blog Party stie where you can tell your true stories.
Click on the "Tell Me a Story" button below to go there.  The site is open now.



Tell Me a Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.