New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

WHERE HAS MY LITTLE DOG GONE?

Blue Tick Hounds Treeing

As a hunter with hounds, one of my worries was about them going hunting without me and getting lost. I had a female blue-tick that always looked harmless but she was hard to keep corralled.

In the south there were a lot of coon hunters, and at times they would go to another State just to go hunting and if they found a stray hound they would load him up and take him home with them. In most cases you would never see your dog again.

One night two of my dogs dug out and ran all night. The next day I couldn’t locate them, and they didn't come home so after a couple of days I placed an ad in the newspaper and offered $100.00 reward for their return.

Early the next day I received a phone call and the first words from the caller was "You got a $100.00?” and I replied “Yes.” He said come and get them and bring the money. I drove about 20 miles over across the river and retrieved them, and was glad to have the back for I raised them from puppies.

The man that had them had picked them up at a restaurant/store where they were tired, smelled the food cooking and laid down. They were only about a mile from home, and would have returned if they had not been picked up.

He took advantage of the fact that he knew there would be a reward, or he could sell them out of state for about a $1,000.00 but he settled for an easy hundred bucks.

Losing an animal can be heart felt experience.

Jesus used an illustration about a lost sheep and how the shepherd felt when he retrieved his animal; "Rejoice with me for I have found my sheep which was lost."

Jesus went on to say; I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Jesus gave the church the mission to go into all the world, and to find lost sheep. This includes those who have never known Christ and the ones who have went off on their own.

Just like I paid a ransom to get my dogs back, Jesus paid the ransom for all sinners.  1Timothy. 2:6 He gave himself as a ransom for everyone.

As a young boy I used to love hear and sing this song below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWne5zfgmhU&feature=related


This post is Linked to Shanda’s On your Heart Tuesday  

This true story is also linked with: Tell me a True Story at:
http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/



Tell Me a Story


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.