New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

FOOTPRINTS IN THE SNOW


image courtesy photobucket.com

This old poem has been around for many years but it still is a challenge to all fathers

Walk a little slower Daddy said a little child so small,
I'm following your footsteps, and I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast sometimes they are hard to see,
So walk a little slower Daddy, For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up; you are what I want to be,
Then I will have a little child who will want to follow me.
I would want to lead just right and know that I was true,
So walk a little slower Daddy, For I must follow you!

As a boy when it would snow, I would try to walk in someone's footprints because it was easier to follow a path provided by someone else. At times it wasn't easy for their stride was longer than mine, and I would then have to make my own way leaving my small footprints.

The foolish man who built his house upon the sand is speaking of a lifestyle whereby one walks without considering potential consequences not only to themselves but also to others.

Every footprint carries with it a history and although the snow melts, the history remains.

Every action has a consequence and is the molders of the inner man.

Nothing is ever extinguished though it may be forgiven it continues to have its "Pound of flesh."

Is it any wonder that the writer in Ephesians 5:15-16 says; See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil.

STDs may be cured but the footprint remains, unfaithfulness may be forgiven, as much as possible but the footprint remains. You are the writer of your history. See to it that it reads as you wish it to.

Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.

Check out the song “Watching you!” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp7Q_rAf7rg

Please visit the sites that are linked to this post - -
Linked with Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays 
And with Deidra’s Sunday Jump Tandem

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.