New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

MEMORIES of LE SPOOKS

image courtesy photobucket.com

When I was a young child listening to someone tell me a story, was my favorite night cap. The ones I used to love and hate at the same time was the spooky tales.

I believed and didn’t believe them at the same time, but because they scared me I enjoyed each and every one. With great apprehension I would climb into bed and sleep with my head under the covers, and feeling secure I would drift off while rehashing the whole story.

About this time the world was in transition and as I grew older there were radio programs that replaced my sitting on grandpa’s knee during story time.

I listened to “I love a mystery” and it had the same effect on me for under the covers I went. The Wolf Man, Dracula, Vampires and Frankenstein were my favorites at the movies especially the late show and it was head under the covers again.

Eventually time passed, I got over my spookiness, I grew up and became a Christian then I discovered there were extra-terrestrial beings that were real, called evil spirits and demons.

Today some deny the existence of these beings and explain them as being a psychosomatic occurrence but apparently Jesus saw them as real entities and dealt with them as such.

Luke 11:24 "When an evil spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, searching for rest. But when it finds none, it says, 'I will return to the person I came from.'

While some people are just nuts - - at other times there may be some spiritual oppression and when this is the case it is difficult to know how to deal with it. If this oppression happens to you it is well to counsel with someone mature in Christ not some whacko that sees demons behind every bush.

Just one personal example, while in business there was a time when everything went wrong. Brand new equipment was breaking down, and though I thoroughly understood my business no matter what I did - - I experienced profit killing problems. It took awhile but I finally realized it was something unnatural causing these problems. My wife and I decided to stand against this enemy with a declaration.  Each morning as we agreed together that these problems would be broken. It was only a short time, and soon the problems ceased. This was after many months of troubles.  I learned much going through that problematic time.

It is a must that you understand what to do when there is a spiritual attack against your family and how to overcome it.

Sometimes things just happen and not everything is a spiritual battle you must fight. The worst thing you can do is freak out and see every problem as demonic activity.

2Timothy 2:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Use them well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlmeC4w2pg&feature=related

This post is shared at: Peter Pollocks One Word Carnival  The word is Memory,

Also shared at: “Tell Me a True Story”
 at http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/
and With Tracy at My Daily walk
 http://mydailywalkinhisgrace.blogspot.com/2012/03/winsome-wednesday-do-not-fear-babylon.html



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.