New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

HOW TO PRAY


image courtesy Photobucket.com

If you want to find out how to pray you are looking at the wrong place.

I'm as confused as you are. Are you still there? If you are think about this!

Luke 11:9  So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Ask and it shall be given unto you.

John 15:7If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

 Every prayer that is uttered is contingent upon obedience to that scripture.

“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you,” is ever present with you when you pray and is a controlling force in your ability to believe GOD for answers to prayer.

Jeremiah.17:9 The human mind is the most deceitful of all things. It is incurable. No one can understand how deceitful it is.

Incurable yes, controllable also yes through what Paul describes in Romans 12:2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

In prayer many (not all) times we are devious in praying. Now I know you will not believe this no matter how hard you try, but there was a woman who has prayed for an another woman's husband! She wanted GOD to break up a happy marriage, and let her have the husband for herself. I told you wouldn't believe it.

Well would you believe a man prayed for another man's job?

Now I know it is okay to be avaricious in everyday life and it seems to be alright, that is until you come to pray, then it isn't acceptable because Christ words are not abiding in you and you are not abiding in him.

Some say they get every prayer answered, but of course they are big liars.

Paul taught there are two ways to pray 1 Corinthians 14:15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit (praying in the spirit is another subject in itself), but I will also pray with my mind;

If I pray with my reborn spirit which is energized by the Holy Spirit then I will get it right but if I pray with my mind it must divest itself of all greed, covetousness, guile and that isn't easy to do for even if we have some serious business to do with GOD.

Maybe someone should say that uttering words isn't necessarily prayer even if they say in Jesus' name at the end, it is little more than an exercise in futility.

James 4:2-3 You want what you don't have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can't get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don't have what you want because you don't ask God for it. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

But then we all know about Hebrews 4: 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Well surely that includes me, for mercy and grace is what keeps me going.

The hill of the Lord and the throne of grace signify the same thing and Psalm 24:4 poses this question; Who shall ascend into the mountain of the Lord: or who shall stand in his holy place?

And then gives the answer in; Psalm 24:5 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood And has not sworn deceitfully.

Which brings us back to John 15:7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Most prayers will not be answered and people will blame GOD for not responding to them for they ignore the rules laid down by Jesus.

Let me answer one last question: what about so and so - - they aren't walking upright and GOD answered their prayers? Well maybe HE did and maybe HE didn't, in any case as the song says "Mercy drops around us are falling"

Mercy is much like the law was a school master to bring us to Christ so also any grace extended to us is designed to draw us nearer to Christ though it is often misconstrued to mean our evil conduct is acceptable to GOD.

This post has been Linked - - - Do visit these lovely Blog Hops for some wonderful posts.

With Laura at:  Faith Filled Friday
With Charlotte at:  Spiritual Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.