New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

SO MANY VOICES




It always amazes me the difference between the sounds of voices even in the animal kingdom (especially dogs) there are certain distinctions in tonal qualities. I used to hunt at night, and as our dogs were off in the distance and barking we could not only tell which dog it was, but also just how hot on the trail they were.

1Corinthians 14:10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.

Many singers we loved have passed on, but today when their records are played they are recognized by their voice. Who could mistake Jimmy Durante's, “Inka-dink-adoo” song as only he could sing it. Bing Crosby, Elvis and Kate Smith singing, “God bless America.” In the movies Orsen Wells, Red Skelton, Roy Rogers and Bob Hope all were recognized when they spoke.

There is another way a person's voice is still recognized, and that is by the words they spoke. Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings.  And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead.

The woman who had an issue of blood is known by the words, “If I may only touch the hem of His garment

And we echo Joshua's bold words, "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord".

We know Jesus by the words He spoke and then by the Holy Spirit, further revealing Him to us.

One might ask, “How important are my words?”

I know if I speak long enough I will reveal much about my character for sooner or later my true self will come out. At times what I don't say will tell who I am. Two scriptures inform us about words of muddiness.

Matthew 12:36-37 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.  For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

The Apostle Paul's message to Titus was; Titus 2:1,8 But as for you, speak the things which are fitting for sound doctrine sound in speech which is beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be put to shame, having nothing bad to say about us.

After hearing the speech of the masses I wonder whose voice are they listening to? Judging from what they are saying it isn't always the voice of GOD.

As we listen to what we ourselves are saying it may reveal whose voice we are listening to. May it be the voice of the heavenly dove. Matthew 3:16b he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him.

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

May your words speak grace to the hearer.

Linked up today with Michelle’s Hear it on Sunday Use it on Monday
Also linked with Joan Davis Sharing His Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.