New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

WHAT ABOUT TODAY



Many of us have a "To-do" list for each day, week, and month.

As you get older the need to write things down looms larger even as the list gets shorter. Since being retired I have more time to work on my list which isn’t very long now, and there are not as many categories as before.

I have broken it down into a possibly three types of lists. One which is “Must do,” next is “Should do,” and the “I’ll do it or not and if I get around to it.”

There are other ways to view my world which is to list the things I have to do to “Keep breathing,” “Things I can afford,” and “Things I would like to do and enjoy,” and the “It ain’t gonna happen” stuff.

I have almost moved beyond being controlled by what other people want me to do, what they think of me, and what I have to do to please them. There are some cases when I will accommodate their wishes but they are getting fewer as days go by.

When I’m curious about my future, I visit the assistant living home and see people twenty or thirty years older than me and see the plateau they have arrived at where they couldn’t care less about almost everything.

But getting back to today for that is really all I have to deal with ever.

Although tomorrow must be prepared for but as the scripture says; Matthew 6:34 therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I don’t know if your life requires you to have a full blown prayer meeting before starting your day - - but at least, at a minimum one should acknowledge the presence of GOD in their life by grunting in HIS direction.

You might need a little peace injected into some of the problems ahead so take advantage of GOD’S provision of; Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

It is possible that instead of this being an ongoing process you might try to use this just in the case of emergency, and find not much help will be forth coming.

Our life of service for GOD requires our full attention not to be treated like a light switch that you only turn on when darkness comes upon us or a parachute when it looks like the plane is going down.

So, the morning has arrived! I must be thankful to GOD for the rest I got (though I didn’t sleep well) and invite HIM to direct and be involved in all my days’ pursuits.

I do this because with this in mind I am more likely to behave myself in a Christian manner than if I just ignore HIS presence with me.

The sun is coming up and my dogs are hungry, and are looking to me for some food. This is a habit with them.

In the same manner I need to look up and say as in Psalms 42:1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

“Today” take a moment to enjoy this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvQwvDfY5dk&feature=related

This post has been linked with Joan Davis Sharing His Beauty
And with Laura at: Play Dates With God at the Wellspring

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.