New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN


For the most part that has been the story of my life.

I use to drive the Claremont hotel and see the members playing tennis and contented myself with the thought, “I don’t want to play tennis anyhow.

I found it hard to get acceptance among many (most) of the contractors in the same business I was in. Seems they felt they were the elitists and I was below them. I contented myself by saying, “Who needs them?”

No matter how successful and competent you are there are those who are truly inferior to you that will try to put you down. I content myself by maintaining my self-esteem and they become impregnated with impropriety in my sight.

I have experienced some of these same traits among ministerial brethren.

I have contented myself by bypassing them and going to the only one who really counts, and there I find all the acceptance I need. It is there I am no longer on the outside looking in but on the inside looking out.

It is here that peace like a river comes and floods my soul until being on the outside as some would like you to be, has no effect and is unimportant.

“Until you make your peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have.”

In many cases you are not who you think you are, due to the fact that others have molded you into what they wanted you to be.

The best place to look to find out who you really are is GOD’S Word for there everything is spelled out concisely. You are what God’s Word says you are, and the opinions of others are only false answers blowing in the wind.





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.