New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

LATELY OF THE HILL COUNTRY

I met a man the other day and we struck up a conversation. He sounded like he was from the South, and since I was born south of the Mason Dixon line I thought we might have something in common.

I asked him where he was from, and he said; from the hills of Kentucky. Then I asked how far back? He said, about as far back as you can get.

 I asked If he was married. He said he didn't have a wife but was willing to consider it if she was a good one. I assured him there must be a good one somewhere out there. He said the reason he left those hills was because there was several gals back there, but none of them was any good, so he left and came to town.

I then I told him that it might have been his negativity that was the problem instead of the girls presentation. Well that stopped him for a minute and after awhile he finally spoke; he said, "You might be right."

I suggested that we itemize all his complaints and look at them one by one for I was sure that would change his evaluation of them.

He said, “For one thing they is ugly.” I replied, “What makes you think they are ugly?” He answered, “I seen some pictures of some pretty gals that’s how I know.” I decided to move on and come back to that point later.

What else can you think of?

He said they don't smell nice, in fact they stink and if you want to know how I know they stink, it’s because they smell like the hogs. At this point I was losing my objectivity but I went on and asked what else?

They can't cook, clean house, cut wood or any chores they should. They also don't wash their clothes, themselves, don’t comb their hair, they don't wear drawers, and they show off from time to time acting silly

I thought for awhile and said; welcome to the city.

I hadn't seen him for awhile and I asked his friend where he was for I would like to see him. He told me that he had returned back to the hills. I inquired why for I thought he was adjusting to the city life.

He told me that after meeting several city gals and getting to know them he decided them hill gals wasn't so bad after all.

Also he had to get back to some reel music.

I was stunned at that, but as the old saying goes; “Alls well that ends well.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJGG-2FQsA&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.