New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

FIVE AND ONE HALF - Chapter 9


PROM NIGHT
 

I should say she wasn’t very popular and was a little chunky but that was of no mind to me. I did the whole thing and hired a car to take us to the prom and pick us up when it was over.

Some how she managed to get into a nice dress that was tight on her and I gave her a pretty corsage. We did the whole evening and I was surprised at how well she could dance.
 
She could boogie with the best of them. I made sure I paid attention to her and I think she had the best time of her life.

There was something I tried to ignore and that was, Lesley was there.
 
I found out her cousin’s date cancelled out at the last minute so he convinced her to go with him.
 
I avoided her for I didn’t think I should get started with her while I was with a date.

A week later she came by to see me and I didn’t want to admit it to myself but I was glad to see her.

She said I saw you at the prom and I was glad to see you have a girl. I started to say she isn’t my girl and explain what happened or how it happened I was with her but I decided to let it slide.

I changed the subject by asking how her father and her mother were and also her answer was curt and to the point. “They are fine.”

Then she asked, how long I had been dating the girl I was with and I said not long.

She said, “She seems nice and she could really dance well.”

I said, “Yes she can do that.”

After a few more stabs at conversation I decided I had enough of this nonsense so I came out and said; “What’s going on.  Do you have something you want to say or ask? If you do then come on out with it.”

She just sat there and to break the silence I said; “Are you going to strip to the waist for me again?”

She laughed at that and said, “No I don’t think I’ll do that.”

I said; “Aw shucks I were a hoping.”

She said, “I’m going to the Nunnery and become a Nun.”

I said; “What! Have you lost your mind?”

Then I could see that she was serious and I apologized for my hasty remark. She said, “I have been planning this for a long time. That is the reason I said I had a boy friend and wouldn’t go with you.

I wavered a bit but when the Sisters came to see me and told of the needs the church, and that they were unable to meet them because of the lack of Nuns it got me back on track.

I wanted you to know this for in the short time we knew each other I had developed strong feeling for you and it caused a conflict in my soul. Even now I am struggling with my decision and if you have as strong feelings for me then I don’t know if I could go through with it.”

Hearing this strongly affected me for I had been resisting the feelings for her in order to have some peace, but this knowledge was to be too much for me.

It was as if my heart had melted within me and now I don’t know what to say or do. I certainly didn’t want to be the cause of her not doing what she thought she should do but I have suffered enough by not having her.

I couldn’t live, only exist without her. What to do?

“It wouldn’t be fair not to tell you how I feel.” I told her, “Without you I will just go through the motions of living. Putting it simple I want you, I want you, I want you. But you must make your decision exclusive of me and do what you want to do without any outside influence except the obvious.”

I told her my plans are set.

“I will finish college so I can take care of the one I love. I hope it will be you but I don’t want a wife coming to me with a lot of baggage of unresolved issues that will haunt us the rest of our lives. It will eventually tear us apart even though we love each other.

A question you must answer on the other side is how much can you give to a cause when you are in love with me. My best advice is to take some time for yourself and work it out alone.

The either go into the Nunnery or come to me but whichever, I want you to know you have made the right decision with absolutely no regrets and plan to live life to it’s fullest.

Once you have hashed it out and made your decision (meaning you have decided the other one was wrong) you will have escaped a life of misery.”

She said alright I will do it for it sounds like the right thing to do.

At that moment I wanted to hold her and never let go but the die was cast and it was something she had to sort out for herself. I didn’t want her to come to me with unresolved issues hanging on.
 

To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.