New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

FIVE AND ONE HALF - Chapter 13


DID YOU BRING YOUR PAINT AND BRUSHES?

 
At first I didn’t have a clue as to why I would need paints and brushes so I asked, “Why would I do that?”

She said, “Don’t you remember telling me I would be the perfect nude model to paint?”  She went on saying, “Well now is your chance.”

I had to laugh at that and said, “I wasn’t serious I just wanted to see you naked.”

She said, “Okay here’s your first look so enjoy.”

We stayed in Reno for a week and it was time to head to our new home.

I purchased our tickets for our flight and she said, “It just occurred to me where are we going to live?”

I said, “How about living in your folk’s house its vacant isn’t it?”

She said, “I don’t think so, I called mother and told her how happy I was and between her yelling and screaming she said she and my father were leaving Paris and coming home.”

“Well my beautiful bride I suppose I should tell you where we stand. We are going to the west coast to live and I have our tickets in my hand.

I hope that will be far enough away from your mother until she accepts the situation as it is. She needs to come to grips with the fact that she can’t live your life for you.

If there is anything you want from your used to be home then we will call your folks and ask them to pack it up and send it to us. We are starting out fresh and are leaving most of the past in the past.

If you had chosen to become a Nun you would have left everything behind and that is kind of what we are doing.

This all came about in a strange way. A highly placed executive was in your father’s office and saw your portrait.  There was something about the picture that captured his attention and he couldn’t figure out what it was.

Outside of the fact that you are absolutely beautiful there was something else. He never got over the experience and tried to buy the portrait from your dad. Of course your father didn’t want to sell it but the guy insisted that it be included as part of the deal they were working on.

Your dad commissioned another artist to try to duplicate my painting but he couldn’t do it, yet his version hangs in your father’s office and my painting now is somewhere in the executive’s home where he is still confused by what he is looking at.”

Lesley asked, “Do you know what he is confused about?”

“Now stop and think.  I showed you the picture before I painted your clothes on it and you were nude to the waist.  The paints I used for the clothes allow your nude image almost imperceptibly to show through.

It emanates from the portrait and while the eyes see it the mind can’t figure it out.  If the mind could they would see your naked form. I can see it but it isn’t clearly seen by virtually anyone else. I can point out every curve of your body. I painted it this way on purpose.”

She said, “Maybe it is your imagination and you just remember what you painted.”

I said, “No I can see it and the man that bought it senses it but can’t make it out. The more he looks at it the more he will be captured by it much like the Mona Lisa affects some people.

What I am getting at is Morley, the man who now has your portrait was so taken by the work he looked me up and as executives do, vetted me, and he actually checked my entire history.  
 
After talking to me he hired me to work at his architectural firm. He is paying all my college fees and supplying us a house not far from the campus.
 
I will work part time to gain experience until I graduate then it will be full time.

As far as you are concerned, you can do what ever you want; attend school, work, or volunteer at something, your choice.”

 
To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.