New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

FIVE AND ONE HALF - Chapter 10


I don't want her to become a nun, but I don't like the idea of her marrying you !!
 
A month went by and no word from Lesley. I figured that I had my answer; she had entered into a Nunnery.

Later I received a call from her mother who said Lesley had entered a convent and planned to stay there for a year. At the end of which she would have time to make her decision.

Her mother added she didn’t want Lesley to become a Nun but she wasn’t too keen on her marrying me either. She thought there were better options for her than me.

I didn’t like that but I appreciated her honesty.

As near as I could tell her father didn’t care one way or the other what she did.

I had my hands full and didn’t have time to worry about Lesley. My two majors and running my business was keeping me occupied.

At the end of the year I was near the top of my classes which made me feel good.
 
Maggie and Jiggs ?
I had made some friends one of which was a young lady who was six foot tall. She was really pleasant to be with so we went out when ever I could manage the time.

There was a comic strip that featured two characters named Maggie and Jiggs. He was short and she was tall which was about the way Shirley and I looked. People would smile when we went by which just amused us.

We became good friends and enjoyed each other’s company even though there was nothing romantic going on.

I was so busy the year passed before I knew it and I had signed up for a summer art class which would be beneficial later on. This was the time to get educated or at least it was the way I saw it.

The year had passed and there was no word from Lesley and I was ready to call it quits, when her mother called me once again. I was sure she was stonewalling me for she must have heard from Lesley during the year but it was going to be interesting to hear what she was going to come up with.

I knew it was not going to be the truth because she wanted to control the situation and I was in the way.


To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.