New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

RETURN TO PSALM 103


image courtesy Google Search
To have a kindred spirit with David and be bold enough to proclaim the majesty of our GOD requires a clean heart and a holy walk.

The very words of the Psalm, "All that is within me," demand that I be fully serving him without reservation; “Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me.”

Do I dare come into his courts with words of praise and not be committed to him. If I can stand before him and praise him and not be walking uprightly then I haven't seen the Lord and his holiness.

Isaiah 6:1,5 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a very high and wonderful throne. His long robe filled the Temple. I was frightened and said, "Oh, no! I will be destroyed. I am not pure enough to speak to God, and I live among people who are not pure enough to speak to him. But I have seen the King, the LORD All-Powerful."

Psalm 24:3-4 Who shall ascend into the hill of Jehovah? And who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart.

When preparing to pray we may read Hebrews 4:15-16 (Jesus, our high priest, is able to understand our weaknesses. When Jesus lived on earth, he was tempted in every way. He was tempted in the same ways we are tempted, but he never sinned. With Jesus as our high priest, we can feel free to come before God's throne where there is grace. There we receive mercy and kindness to help us when we need it)

Let us not excuse ourselves and decide to let "Grace" handle our failings but realize that asking for forgiveness without repentance is to try to live in a constant state of sin and be okay with it.

Psalm 103:13-17 The LORD is as kind to his followers as a father is to his children. He knows all about us. He knows we are made from dust.  He knows our lives are short, that they are like grass. He knows we are like a little wildflower that grows so quickly, but when the hot wind blows, it dies. Soon, you cannot even see where the flower was.

And “All that is within me” - - All my powers and faculties; all that can be employed in his praise: the heart, the will, the affections, the emotions. The idea is, that God is worthy of all the praise and adoration which the entire man can render. No one of his faculties or powers should be exempt from the duty and the privilege of praise. Barnes

Prior to taking communion we are admonished to examine ourselves, and in like manner we should prepare ourselves for praise and adoration of GOD with clean hands and heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVQmZCK4Fiw&feature=related


Linked up today with Michelle’s Hear it on Sunday Use it on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.