New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

CLEANSE ME


image courtesy photobucket.com

During the great New Zealand revivals of 1936, Dr. Orr overheard some Aborigine girls singing a beautiful song, Maori Song of Farewell.

The melody of that song stayed with him until following a stirring Easter morning service he put words to it, using Psalm 139:23-24 as his inspiration. You may know it as "Search Me.

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139:23-24)

This prayer is one of the most contrite attitudes (if real) a person may evolve to.

Each verse is a challenge to every Christian to walk in Holiness and be cognizant of need of constant cleansing as witnessed by the scriptures:

1John 1:6-7 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Dr. Orr's words should be etched in the memory of everyone who names the name of the Lord;

"Search me, O God, And know my heart today;
Try me, O Savior, Know my thoughts, I pray.
See if there be Some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from every sin And set me free."

Our failures in life bring us down but we should fear our successes even more, simply because of the effect on our egos. Jesus told of a rich man of yore whose success lead to a boastful mind but GOD saw him as a failure.

Hosea 12:7-9 The LORD says, "The people of Israel are as dishonest as the Canaanites; they love to cheat their customers with false scales. 'We are rich,' they say. 'We've made a fortune. And no one can accuse us of getting rich dishonestly.' But I, the LORD your God who led you out of Egypt, I will make you live in tents again, as you did when I came to you in the desert.

A warning such as this should keep us from getting inflated and convoluted ideas about ourselves. GOD has given more talents to some than to others but to whom much is given much is required.

Hopefully we will always keep what we have become - - in focus with what we are in GOD'S sight.

Our GOD is always searching us and knowing our hearts hence the need to invite HIM to do so and really mean it when we say; "See if there be some wicked way in me; Cleanse me from every sin And set me free."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rY8bMkUipM&feature=related


This post is Linked up today with
And with Joan Davis Sharing His Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.