New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

LET US PRAY



image courtesy of Photobucket


If someone asked you does GOD answer prayer? What would your answer be?

Let’s suppose you answered yes, with great confidence. But suppose the same person asked you a second question about prayer. Does GOD answer every prayer? Now, what would your answer be? Would it be yes, or would you want to back peddle a little and say well maybe not every prayer.

Suppose he continued to question you by saying how many prayers does He answer? Does he answer half of all prayers or maybe less than half?

I heard a minister say GOD answers every prayer; sometime it’s yes and sometime it’s no and sometime it’s wait awhile, but He always answers.

If that is so, then I need to find out which are the wait prayers and I will just pray them later. Then I also need to find out which are the no prayers and not waste my time praying them. Lastly I need to know which are the yes prayers and now I am ready to do business with GOD.

The question at this moment is, how do I know which are the yes prayers? I'm not sure I know the answer to that. I can only offer some suggestions.

Prior preparation can be helpful. (Getting ready before you encounter a need for prayer is fundamental.)

A good starting place is the first chapter of James. Study it, not only read it. Study it until you feel the need to become obedient to the demands it places upon you. Comprehend that James understood people inside and out. He could spot a phony a mile away and he didn’t mince words with anyone. James wasn't in a popularity contest.

What I'm saying is that preparing the heart and mind with an understanding of GOD’S Word - - His will.

This will bring you in to the knowledge that GOD only answers prayers that are in harmony with His will -- His Word.
image courtesy PhotoBucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.