New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Que Sera, Sera


image courtesy photobucket.com

Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be.)  This is a song title which is was introduced in the Alfred Hitchcock film The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956), starring Doris Day and James Stewart in the lead roles.

I read that The words are Spanish, but the phrase is ungrammatical in Spanish. Perhaps it is closer to Que pasa? Which means, "How's it going? or what's happening?"

In any case is that the mind set for the Christian to have? That fate is to rule our lives and there isn't anything we can do about it?

This philosophy rules out prayer as a force except perhaps "Help me bear up in my misery" which by the way is a legitimate prayer.

The 23rd psalm's "yea though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil" requires both communication and support during this episode.

Luke 18:1 And he spoke a parable unto them to the end that they ought always to pray, and not to faint.


Ephesians 6:18 with all (kinds of) prayer and supplication praying at all seasons in the Spirit,

(I Corinthians 14:15 So what should I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind) and watching thereunto in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.

With all prayer and supplication - With all kinds of prayer; prayer in the closet, for the family, at a social meeting, in the great assembly (Church); prayer at the usual hours, prayer when we are specially tempted, and when we feel just like praying, prayer in the form of supplication for ourselves, and in the form of intercession for others.

There are hundreds of commands to pray to GOD for answers and none of them lend themselves to "what will be will be."

This attitude is both a mockery and an insult to ALMIGHTY GOD'S promises. This concept is an attempt to color GOD'S resolve gray instead of clear cut black and white mind set.

“Restraining prayer, we cease to fight;
Prayer makes the Christian armor bright,
And Satan trembles when he sees.
The meanest saint upon his knees.”

Prayer lifts us up into the very presence of our GOD, and it is there we are truly free.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1xNAZEkGj4&feature=related

This post is Linked to Shanda’s On your Heart Tuesday  
Also Linked with Jen’s Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.