New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

GOING DOWN?




image courtesy photobucket.com

As I stood waiting - - the door opened and the elevator operator said; “Going down?”

I took a step back and said, “No, I'm going up! “

There are people who I try to avoid for whenever we meet they always seem to take me down.

Many are the deeds that cause me to have to encourage myself in the Lord, and build myself up at least to what the world considers "a norm."

Matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light that shines for the world to see. You are like a city built on a hill that cannot be hidden. People don't hide a lamp under a bowl. They put it on a lamp stand. Then the light shines for everyone in the house. In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven.

As a boy before I lit the lamps when we lived in the country.  I had the duty to fill the lamps with oil. And then I cleaned the lamp chimneys so the light would shine forth at full strength.

This is a pretty big order Jesus dished out there for in order to shine, you must reflect the light source (which is Christ) without deflecting any of the light. The analogy being; first we are to be filled with oil (Holy Spirit) cleaned (by Christ's blood) and then lit up (set on fire by GOD).

We shine by our testimony and speak the truth in love concerning people's condition before the Lord. Many times this will cause people to take a dislike to you, but when you speak you are addressing that which will keep them from "Going Down" into Gehenna, the place of the lost.

When the light shines it reproves conduct, lifestyles, and all other pursuits that are contrary to GOD'S original intent for man.

The apostle Paul faced this attitude in his ministry and said in
Galatians 4:16 Am I now your enemy because I tell you the truth?

People object to having their "way" questioned or critiqued and view you as the enemy when - - if they only knew you are their best friend who is willing to endure their scorn in order to help them.

Life's elevator is going in two directions, whether you go up or down is a matter of choice.

Deuteronomy 30:19 "Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!

http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl56ElSVtjQ

This post is shared at: Stacy’s Heartprints Hallelujah
Also Linked with Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.