New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

YOU YOU YOU

Photo courtesy of PhotoBucket

There is an old saying which says” birds of a feather flock together.

This is apparent just before a storm when the power lines are loaded with birds. They gain a sense of protection from being part of a group.

We by nature desire to be a groupie, to be a part of a group for the same reasons birds get together. There are other similarities to birds in the church world. The birds are separated into groups due to their differences.

Just as there are wrens, sparrows and crows there are Methodist, Baptists, Presbyterians and Pentecostals. Then there are other groups who claim to serve the same GOD but have added additional beliefs.

Ask anyone of these sects, who speaks for GOD and the obvious answer, will be a resounding “WE DO.”

But who does actually speak for GOD? A close examination of the people who are bold enough to aver to be GOD’S voice will often reveal feet of clay and lips of double speak.

The best you can find are those who take the word of GOD and interpret it, add opinion and philosophy with the result being what they want it to mean for their purposes.

While the bird’s flock provides some needful comfort, when it comes down to it each one has to build their own nest so also in order to function we must go to the word of GOD for our final word from GOD.

There can be much compromise as to worship and methods of ministry to the world but there is only one authority as to the truth and that is GOD himself.
He has spoken, I must listen and respond accordingly “Or else.” I’m not sure just what the or else consists of, but in any case it is “Or else.”

I’m ill at ease when I think about my appearance before the Almighty One to explain my actions upon earth, when He says, “All right explain this!”

I know I can’t fake it, and as the truth is coming out I fear I shall bow with shame, even though I am forgiven.

I have no excuses for my lack of hearing and obeying, there is none. For in doing so I make void my purpose for living which is to fellowship with my creator.

There is no other reason for living other than to walk with and fellowship with Him for all else is vanity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLJ7Hkx6YwM


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.