New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

STARRY STARRY NIGHT

Photo of Van Gogh Painting - Courtesy of PhotoBucket

There was a darkness on Van Gogh’s soul that was expressed through his paintings. Van Gogh began to alternate between fits of madness and lucidity and was sent to the asylum in Saint-Remy for treatment. In May of 1890, he seemed much better, and went to live in Auvers-sur-Oise under the watchful eye of Dr. Gachet. Two months later he was dead, having shot himself, "for the good of all."

Don Mclean wrote this song while viewing the art work of Vincent Van Gogh. The last refrain is as follows.

Now I think I know what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they're not listening still.
Perhaps they never will...

As I read these words my thoughts went back to the days of Jesus sojourn here on earth and it caused me to ponder those words; “Now I think I know what you tried to say to me.”

One who is saved has difficulty in remembering the darkness that pervaded their soul. This darkness affects the mind, will and the emotions and those who are so afflicted can say with Solomon; “Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

This explains why Jesus expressed, I am the light of the world, when He came.

Oswald Smith wrote the song “When Jesus Comes” the chorus is;

When Jesus comes, the tempter's power is broken;
When Jesus comes, the tears are wiped away,
He takes the gloom and fills the life with glory,

For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay.

The scripture declares; He was the source of life, and that life was the light for humanity.

This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all.

The reality is when he comes to you there is no darkness in you either.

Jesus said; He that the son sets free is free indeed, but there are those who like the song said; they would not listen, they're not listening still. Perhaps they never will...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dipFMJckZOM




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.