New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

INSULT TO INJURY

Along with millions of workers I would be tired and dirty after a days work.

A quick shower would be a welcome relief and my appetite was alive and well.

I had married a fruitful vine, and after about four years we had two children, and that was alright except for them waking up in the middle of the night and wanting some attention.

Usually Hazel would get up and quiet them down, but most often it would wake me up and having been disturbed I would get up in the morning exhausted for this was not a one time event each night.

Our neighbor decided to get a tom cat and he was all man cat.  Every night when I would go to sleep old Tom would start to howl with a voice that echoed through out the neighborhood.  I would be woken up several times a night. I would finally have to go out and run him off but he would return after a short time, because he had a lady friend treed up on the clothes line pole.

Then they both would begin to howl with their ominous sound. Sometimes it would be one and then the other and again they would try to harmonize.

Needless to say this was killing me so I went to the neighbor and told him he would have to deal with this, to which he said this was a force of nature, and he was unable to stop it.

This was NOT an acceptable answer so, after much thought, I came up with a solution.

I manage to capture the bad old Tom and took him down to my shop, and having worked on a farm, I knew how to neuter animals. So I wrapped a burlap sack around him, and removed the problem. As he got loose he sped off and was gone in an instance leaving only the evidence that an operation had taken place.

The neighbor told me his cat was missing, and he wondered what had happen to him. I said he will probably show up, which he did a couple days later.

That night I slept well, and arose refreshed for Tom had nothing to say. A few days later he decided to leave because there wasn’t anything to howl about anymore, and I think the other cats made fun of him adding insult to injury. It only took a snip or two to solve his problems for a life time.

Would that all problems could be solved as fast and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.