New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

COMPUTERLAND

Back in the eighties I decided to learn how to use a computer. I enrolled in a class and showed up at the given time and when I entered the room there was no one there but a couple of guys using a computer. I didn’t know the first thing about computers and so I sat there for quite a while. Finally I asked one of the fellows what was going on, and he said to go over there and get a disk and boot up one of the PCs.

I spent some time trying to figure out how to turn the thing on. Eventually I found a switch on the back. Each time I went to class I learned something new, like I needed a book, which I purchased. After going to class a few times I found out that you had to have two disks, one to boot it up and one for a system disk. After that I discovered I was in a computer language class and that was the end of that. That was a bit of a fiasco, because the person who signed me up knew nothing, and there was no instructor.

Later I bought a $3500 Computer which was also a DOS operating system which I still have. I never learned how to use it but Hazel took a class that came with it, and learned how to use it somewhat. We continued to upgrade and miracle of miracles, Windows with it's icons on the desktop finally arrived and I at last was able to use the thing.

Just imagine the difference; I paid $3500 for my first computer and $299 for my last one which is very functional and has more memory and more of everything else.

From time to time we would have trouble with our machine and have to take it in to be fixed, until I took some Computer repair classes and learned to trouble shoot.

We live in an age where it is all about keeping up, adapting to change, while still keeping your mental stability and equilibrium.

Today pastors are faced with a daunting experience. They must keep up with the times and at the same time maintain solid Bible teaching. The pressure to yield to political correctness is difficult to say the least, but to do so will reduce the church to little more than a social club where friends meet.

Some words in the English language are spelled the same but have different meaning such as bow, to bend over and bow a weapon. The same thing applies to the word church. In one case it means a club where anybody can join; the other meaning is a place where the Gospel of Jesus is proclaimed and where souls are saved.

We might as well get used to the way things are going for as the scriptures declares things are going to get worse and worse, and I believe the Bible.

The one thing we can depend on is Jesus Christ for he never changes and never wavers, He is always the same yesterday, today and forever. AMEN AND AMEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRxODnJ5aS0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.